Get data and expert opinions about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Explore This Research Program
The Deborah Kelly Center for Clinical Research (DKC) works to help investigators within the OB/GYN Department and beyond to provide the evidence to help clinicians understand the implications of our health care practices and make decisions in women’s healthcare based on the best evidence available and informed by the priorities of our patients.
The Deborah Kelly Center for Clinical Research serves as the core for clinical research within the department by:
- Providing shared research infrastructure
- Coordinating and synergizing clinical research activities
- Supporting clinical research training and education
- Fostering cross-collaboration in the department, the institution and beyond
Researchers in the DKC have published across a wide range of journals. Below is a selection of our latest publications.
- Clapp MA, James KE, Bates SV, Kaimal AJ. Unexpected term NICU admissions: a marker of obstetrical care quality? American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2019 Apr;220(4):395.e1-395.e12.
- Watson LJ, James KE, Hatoum Moeller IJ, Mitchell CM. Vulvovaginal Discomfort Is Common in Both Premenopausal and Postmenopausal Women. Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disorders. 2019 Apr;23(2):164-169.
- Clapp MA, James KE, Kaimal AJ. Preconception insurance and initiation of prenatal care. Journal of Perinatology. 2019 Feb;39(2):300-306.
- Bellio C, DiGloria C, Foster R, James K, Konstantinopoulos PA, Growdon WB, Rueda BR. PARP Inhibition Induces Enrichment of DNA Repair-Proficient CD133 and CD117 Positive Ovarian Cancer Stem Cells. Molecular Cancer Research. 2019 Feb;17(2):431-445.
- Prabhu M, Dolisca S, Wood R, James K, Bateman BT, Barth WH Jr, Wylie BJ. Postoperative Opioid Consumption After Scheduled Compared With Unscheduled Cesarean Delivery. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2019 Feb;133(2):354-363.
- Clapp MA, James KE, Kaimal AJ, Daw JR. Preconception Coverage Before and After the Affordable Care Act Medicaid Expansions. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2018 Dec;132(6):1394-1400.
- Edlow AG, Glass RM, Smith CJ, Tran PK, James K, Bilbo S. Placental Macrophages: A Window Into Fetal Microglial Function in Maternal Obesity. International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience. 2018 Nov 20.
- Hsu JY, James KE, Bormann CL, Donahoe PK, Pépin D, Sabatini ME. Müllerian-Inhibiting Substance/Anti-Müllerian Hormone as a Predictor of Preterm Birth in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology Metabolism. 2018 Nov 1;103(11):4187-4196.
- Lebovitz O, Haas J, James KE, Seidman DS, Orvieto R, Hourvitz A. The expected cumulative incidence of live birth for patients starting IVF treatment at age 41 years or older. Reproductive BioMedicine Online. 2018 Nov;37(5):533-541.
- Goldfarb IT, Jaffe E, James K, Lyerly AD. Pregnant women's attitudes toward Zika virus vaccine trial participation. Vaccine. 2018 Oct 29;36(45):6711-6717.
- Prabhu M, Dubois H, James K, Leffert LR, Riley LE, Bateman BT, Henderson M. Implementation of a Quality Improvement Initiative to Decrease Opioid Prescribing After Cesarean Delivery. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2018 Sep;132(3):631-636.
- Clapp MA, James KE, Kaimal AJ. The effect of hospital acuity on severe maternal morbidity in high-risk patients. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2018 Jul;219(1):111.e1-111.e7.
- Prabhu M, Clapp MA, McQuaid-Hanson E, Ona S, OʼDonnell T, James K, Bateman BT, Wylie BJ, Barth WH Jr. Liposomal Bupivacaine Block at the Time of Cesarean Delivery to Decrease Postoperative Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2018 Jul;132(1):70-78.
- Berkowitz LR, James K, Petrusa E, York-Best C, Kaimal AJ. New Challenges for a Core Procedure: Development of a Faculty Workshop for Skills Maintenance for Abdominal Hysterectomy. Journal of Surgical Education. 2018 Jul - Aug;75(4):942-946.
Our Group Members
Group members of the Deborah Kelly Center (DKC) are dedicated to the mission of increasing exemplary obstetrical and gynecologic outcomes through research-based initiatives in women’s health care.
- Chief, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Director, Deborah Kelly Center for Clinical Research in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrical Director, Multidisciplinary Fetal Care Group
- Mar | 3 | 2021
Episode #54 of the Charged podcast
- Patient Education
- Jan | 27 | 2021
A medida que la vacuna esté disponible para las personas en todo EE.UU., hay muchas preguntas sobre la recepción de la misma durante el embarazo o la lactancia.
- Jan | 21 | 2021
The Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is pleased to expand midwifery care for patients on the North Shore.
- Jan | 19 | 2021
Mai Uchida, MD, shares her “My Why”—outlining her decision to get the COVID vaccine during her pregnancy. Dr. Uchida hopes that she can be of help to anyone struggling with a similar decision by sharing her thought process, her emotions as a mother and her expertise as a physician.
- Patient Education
- Jan | 11 | 2021
“How much does IVF cost?” is a common question. Read on to better understand IVF costs at Mass General and insurance coverage for fertility services.