The annual career conference is an opportunity for all benefits-eligible faculty at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) to meet once a year with his or her leader to discuss that faculty member's career development.
In 2006, Peter Slavin, MD, MGH president, and David Torchiana, MD, former MGPO chairman and chief executive officer, asked the Center for Faculty Development (CFD) to lead an initiative to implement the ACC process for all benefits-eligible faculty. Click here for copy of their message to faculty.
Click below for a copy of the ACC Form
Please note that some departments are using an approved alternate form. See your Department Chair for a copy of this form.
Click below for tutorials on how to use the 2022 ACC Platform.
Preparation is the key to a successful meeting.
Before the meeting, the leader should:
- Recognize his or her role in helping faculty advance
- Consider the department's overall goals and determine how the faculty member fits with these goals
- Define expectations of the faculty member
- Be familiar with HMS promotion criteria and where each faculty member sits
- Promote resources available to faculty
- Tips on having an effective ACC
Before the meeting, the faculty member should:
- Be prepared to discuss accomplishments
- Update his or her CV.
- Think about developing mentoring relationships
- Clarify your contributions and the leader's expectations.
- Develop an action plan that improves productivity.
- Discuss how your skills align with your department's mission, as you become a more experienced researcher, clinical or teacher.
- Quick tips to prepare for your ACC.