CENTER FOR FACULTY DEVELOPMENT
Faculty Mentoring Program
The mission of the MGH Faculty Mentoring Program is to provide an enriching mentoring program for all MGH faculty, including but not limited to clinicians and researchers, by strengthening faculty development and satisfaction by establishing relationships, fostering camaraderie, encouraging advocacy and creating new opportunities and communication channels.
The CFD initiated its Faculty Mentoring Program in 2008. More than 120 faculty members have completed the program to date.
If you or your department is interested in the MGH Mentoring Program, please email email@example.com.
- Encourage faculty reflection and foster increased awareness of career and personal goals.
- Expand network of colleagues by establishing professional and personal relationships.
- Create relationship(s) where pertinent information and feedback is encouraged.
- Promote a supportive environment that will foster a sense of connectedness and community.
- Participants engaged in self-reflection and can articulate a clearer career and personal vision.
- Participant can readily identify one or more newly established contacts.
- Participant interprets advice to be useful and actionable.
- Participant feels more connected to own department/institution/other faculty members.
*The CFD would like to acknowledge Regina M. O'Neill, PhD, Professor of Management at Suffolk University's Sawyer Business School in Boston and founder and principal in Cavendish Group, for her efforts, experience and influence in creating the MGH Faculty Mentoring Program.