CENTER FOR FACULTY DEVELOPMENT
Rising Mentor Award
2022 Award Recipient 1 of 2: Lauren Breithaupt, PhD
Assistant Professor in Psychiatry
2022 Award Recipient 2 of 2: John B. Miller, MD
Director, Retinal Imaging; Principal Investigator, Harvard Retinal Imaging Lab; and Associate Director, Vitreoretinal Fellowship
2021 Clinical Award Recipient: Laura E. Dichtel, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, HMS and Assistant Physician Physician in the Neuroendocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, MGH
2021 Research Award Recipient: Shannon Stott, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, HMS and Mechanical Engineer in the Center for Engineering in Medicine and Surgery, MGH
Do you have or know an outstanding mentor?
As part of the "CFD Excellence in Mentoring Awards," the MGH Center for Faculty Development invites nominations for the Rising Mentor Awards. This $1,000 award will be given to two faculty members, from any MGH department who have contributed to the success of junior faculty members and trainees and demonstrated excellence in a number of ways including:
- Having a positive impact on careers of junior faculty
- Implementing ideas/programs that promote faculty success
- Demonstrating sustained interest and success in mentoring of junior faculty and/or trainees
- Fostering and encouraging professional development of junior faculty and trainees
- Facilitating and/or developing approaches to work-life balance
The MGH Center for Faculty Development created the Rising Mentor Awards in 2021 to recognize MGH faculty members at the Instructor through Assistant Professor rank with less than ten years of mentoring experience as faculty.
- MGH faculty appointment
- MD, PhD, or equivalent advanced degree
- Harvard Medical School faculty appointment
- Less than 10 years of mentoring experience at MGH
Nominees will be evaluated and ranked by a multidisciplinary Review Committee. Nominees were notified and announced in January 2023.
- Completed Nomination Form
- Nominations for this award should be accompanied by a maximum of three nominating letters (not to exceed 2 pages each)
- Nominee's HMS CV
How to Nominate
This user-friendly portal allows you to submit electronic nominations to the Center for Faculty Development. The portal has been designed to allow users to:
- View current calls and submit to open opportunities
- Save and edit current nominations in progress
- Submit completed nominations
- View all your CFD nominations that have been submitted via the online portal
If you have questions, please submit them via e-mail to email@example.com.
The Center for Faculty Development offers consultations and seminars to assist in the career development of faculty and trainees.