CENTER FOR FACULTY DEVELOPMENT / GRADUATE STUDENT DIVISION
Outstanding PI Mentor of Graduate Students Award
2021 Winner: Ksenia V. Kastanenka, PhD
Assistant Professor of Neurology, HMS; and Assistant Investigator in Neurology, Mass General Research Institute
2020 Winner: Hakho Lee, PhD
Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering in the Department of Radiology, Director of the Biomedical Engineering Program at the Center for Systems Biology at MGH, Hostetter MGH Research Scholar
2019 Winner: Alex Soukas, MD, PhD
The Weissman Family MGH Research Scholar 2018-2023, Physician Investigator, MGH Center for Genomic Medicine, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
2018 Winner: Raul Mostoslavsky, MD, PhD
The Laurel Schwartz Associate Professor of Oncology MGH Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School Kristine and Bob Higgins MGH Research Scholar, The Broad Institute
2017 Winner: Mikael Pittet, PhD
The Samana Cay MGH Research Scholar, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School, and Director, Cancer Immunology Program, MGH Center for Systems Biology
Do you have or know an outstanding Principal Investigator (PI) mentoring PhD graduate student(s) in their lab?
As part of the "CFD Excellence in Mentoring Awards," the MGH Center for Faculty Development invites nominations for the Outstanding Principal Investigator (PI) Mentor of Graduate Students Award. This $1,000 award will be given to one or more faculty members at any rank and from any MGH department who has/have demonstrated excellence in mentoring in a number of ways including:
- Demonstrating sustained interest and success in mentoring of PhD graduate student(s) in research
- Having a positive impact on academic progress and achievements of PhD graduate student(s)
- Helping PhD graduate student(s) to stay on track with their academic work
- Fostering and encouraging professional development of PhD graduate student(s)
- Fostering a diverse, inclusive and supportive environment for graduate students
The MGH Graduate Student Division within the Center for Faculty Development offers this annual award given to an MGH Principal Investigator (PI) who has contributed to the success of PhD graduate student(s) at MGH. This award seeks to recognize MGH Principal Investigators who mentor PhD graduate student(s) in their lab, who historically have had more than one PhD graduate student, and who have demonstrated outstanding contribution in helping PhD graduate students to advance their skills and provide support with scholarly activities.
- MGH appointment
- MD, PhD, or equivalent advanced degree
- Harvard Medical School appointment
- Principal Investigator of a lab
Nominees will be evaluated and ranked by a multidisciplinary Review Committee. Nominatees were notified and announced in January 2023. Click here for 2021 nominees.
- Completed Nomination Form
- Nominations for this award should be accompanied by a maximum of two nominating letters that can be jointly written (not to exceed 2 pages each).
- Nominee’s HMS CV
How to Nominate
This user-friendly portal allows you to submit electronic nominations to the Center for Faculty Development. The portal has been designed to allow users to:
- View current calls and submit to open opportunities
- Save and edit current nominations in progress
- Submit completed nominations
- View all your CFD nominations that have been submitted via the online portal
If you have questions, please submit them via e-mail to email@example.com.