List of opportunities available to senior faculty.
- AAMC's Leading Organizations to Health program.
- AAMC's Mid-Career Minority Faculty Leadership Seminar
- AAMC's Mid-Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
- Harvard Catalyst's Leadership Strategies for the Researcher is a course focusing on best practices in leading and managing a team.
- Harvard University Joint Committee on the Status of Women (JCSW) is an administrative committee of the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at Harvard Medical School (HMS) representing an inclusive constituency of faculty, staff, fellows, residents, and students of HMS, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, and affiliated hospitals and institutions. The JCSW is starting to think about Leadership for the next academic year. Please consider nominating yourself or another colleague for one of the following roles:
- Faculty and Staff Vice Co-Chairs
- Faculty and Staff Members-at-large
- Career Advancement
- Leading in Difficult Times
AAMC’s virtual resource library on leading in difficult times, with a focus on managing self, leading others, and leading your organization.
- HMS/HSDM Leadership Development Course for Physicians and Scientists
- HMS DICP Leadership Faculty Development Program Conference
Annual event offered by the HMS Office for Diversity Inclusion & Community Partnership.
- MGPO Physician Leadership Development Program
An intensive two-year MGPO Physician Leadership Development Program that aims to increase leadership skills and administrative career opportunities for physicians. Next cohort will be announced.
- MentorMGB: This “LinkedIn” style mentorship platform for the entire Harvard Medical School (HMS) community connects faculty, trainees and students across hospitals to find and give secondary mentorship; collaborate on research interests/find new projects; and create general work and non-work discussion/connections. Thanks to Mentor Mass General, we aim to foster a dynamic cross-institution mentorship culture and facilitate research collaborations.
- The MentorMGB website is a general representation of site-wide activity to see what others on the platform are talking about, chime in on discussion forums, “like” updates, etc.
- Members will eventually have all faculty across the MGB system, in all specialties, and provide the ability to search by research interest, mentorship area and send messages that go to their MGB email inbox. The more of your profile you fill out, the more searchable you will be on the network.
- Groups is a page to create interest groups and meet others across the MGB system with like-minded interests.
- Forums is a place to create discussion forums (on promotions, new articles, research projects, collaborator searches, etc.), to help each other and provide fluid mentorship across the MGB system.
Download Tutorial PDF
- AAMC Affinity Group: "Managing Career Transitions and Succession"
There are many career transitions in the life of an academician, including being appointed as a first-time faculty member; earning academic rank promotions; serving as principal investigator on a grant; holding various leadership appointments; and, ultimately, transitioning out of full-time employment. This section summarizes various career transitions in academic medicine and points to resources and references for more in-depth exploration.