Media Coverage of the Healey Center for ALS
Browse news articles across local and national media outlets:
- Healey & AMG Center announces top line results in ALS platform trial with CMN-Au8
The HEALEY ALS Platform Trial led by the Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) today announced topline results from Regimen C evaluating CMN-Au8, developed by Clene Nanomedicine, Inc.
- Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS awarded NINDS UO1 Grant to support Expanded Access for Trehalose (SLS-005)
The Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS at Massachusetts General Hospital has been awarded a grant from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) to conduct an intermediate size Expanded Access Protocol (EAP) in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
- Healey & AMG Center announces results from the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial with verdiperstat
The HEALEY ALS Platform Trial led by the Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) today announced topline results from Regimen B evaluating verdiperstat, developed by Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Company, Ltd.
- Healey Center adds Jefferson Weinberg ALS Center as clinical enrolling site for Expanded Access Protocol (EAP) companion program to the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
- With philanthropic support from Kulicke & Soffa through the TechVSALS campaign, Massachusetts General Hospital and Jefferson Hospital announced a multi-year donation to establish and support the Multicenter Expanded Access Protocol (EAP) Companion Program to the HEALEY ALS Platform trial led by the team from Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Starting Tofersen Early Slows ALS Progression Better: Trial Data
6/8/2022: A research group including several Healey Center investigators has a new report with promising results on the use of the experimental drug Toferson.
- New Clinical Studies In ALS Show Promise
5/24/2022: Clinical Leader highlights advances in ALS research, including the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial and BrainGate.
- Tim Green Fought ALS Diagnosis Until it Nearly Killed Him, and Now He’s Fighting Back
5/10/2022: The Athletic features a moving profile of NFL star, writer and ALS activist Tim Green and his family.
- Supporting Efforts to PREVENT ALS
5/6/2022: The Smith Family Foundation offers a fundraising challenge to advance research to stop ALS before it starts.
- Merit Cudkowicz Wins Rebecca Luker Courage Award
4/28/2022: Target ALS and Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America presented Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc with the award in honor of her courageous spirit and positive impact for the ALS community.
- HEALEY ALS Platform Trial Wins Morris ALS Principles Award
4/25/2022: The Morris ALS Principles award honored the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial team for their work to include people with ALS in planning and development of the trial, and for using Expanded Access Protocols to give more people access to potential therapies.
- Aversion drummer Mick Palmesano, who died battling ALS, remembered in home town of Hornell
4/18/2022: In memory of Aversion drummer Mick Palmesano, his sister Peggy Polizzi has started a charity devoted to ALS research and assistance to people with ALS; their first fundraiser will be later this month.
- The Medical-Robotics Revolution
4/18/2022: Harvard Magazine covers advances in "soft robotics" for medicine and speaks with Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD about their potential for ALS treatment, especially in combination with developments from the BrainGate research led by Leich Hochberg, MD, PhD.
- What to Know about Amylyx’s ALS Drug and a Highly Anticipated Advisory Panel Meeting
3/14/2022: Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD spoke with STAT News about an upcoming hearing on the experimental ALS treatment AMX-0035.
- What Do ALS And War Have In Common?
3/8/2022: Forbes Magazine asks “What do ALS and War Have in Common?” and highlights a refugee assistance program called Cash for Refugees developed by Mass General Neurology intern Natasha Dukach.
- Patient Dosing Begins in SLS-005 Arm of HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
3/2/2022: The fifth arm of the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial began delivering the investigational product SLS-005 (Trehalose) to patients this week.
- London-based CERF Prizes Benefit U.S.-based Research
2/11/2022: ALS News Today covers the award of the CERF Medical Engineering Prize to scientists at Brown University, Harvard University, and Mass General who are creating “soft robotics” to improve arm and hand function in people with ALS.
- Duluth-based Essentia Health, state Sen. David Tomassoni join national ALS trial
1/27/2022: The Minneapolis Star-Tribune covers the newest HEALEY ALS Platform Trial location, and the fact that state Senator David Tomassoni is taking part. Significant funding for the new trial location comes from local ALS advocacy Group Never Surrender, which is conducting a three-day snowmobile tour this weekend. The senator's participation at the new trial location and the funding event were also covered by NBC affiliate KBJR and ABC affiliate WDIO.
- Sports Talent Booker John Carlin's Passion Sparked Positivity, ALS Awareness
1/14/2022: A tribute to the late sports talent booker, producer and ALS activist John Carlin, featuring Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc as well as Magic Johnson, Metta World Peace and Roy Firestone.
- Pridopidine Arm of HEALEY ALS Platform Trial Fully Enrolled
1/10/2022: A fourth arm of the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial is now fully enrolled, moving the trial one step closer to delivering results about another experimental ALS treatment.
- PRO-ACT Database Wins Healey Center Prize for Innovation in ALS
12/28/2021: ALS News Today covers the Healey Prize for Innovation in ALS, awarded to the PRO-ACT database, which pools research data to accelerate research.
- On the hunt for new ALS drugs, researchers see progress, and a long road ahead
12/13/2021: BioPharma Dive spoke with Chief of Neurology Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc during their coverage of advances, setbacks and promising new research on ALS.
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Announces peer reviewed publication of NurOwn's Phase 3 Study for ALS in Muscle and Nerve
12/13/2021: BioSpace quotes Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc in coverage of the release of the latest study results of Phase 3 clinical trials for a potential new ALS therapy.
- Tau Protein in Alzheimer’s Linked to ALS Mitochondrial Dysfunction
11/23/2021: An abnormal version of tau, a protein associated with Alzheimer’s disease, may contribute to the progression of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) by damaging mitochondria in neurons, according to a new study from Mass General Investigator Gahaleh Sadri-Vakili, PhD.
- HEALEY Trial Fully Enrolled for 2 Regimens; Data Expected by Mid-2022
11/16/2021: Enrollment is now complete for three of the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial's first five treatment arms, a major milestone that means results may be available in just a few months.
- Early Access to CNM-Au8 Given to Patients Ineligible for HEALEY Trial
9/28/2021: ALS News Today covers efforts to enroll additional people with ALS in expanded access programs for an experimental ALS treatment, even when they do not qualify for participation in a clinical trial.
- 2021 NYGC ALS Consortium Meeting: Celebrating Achievements, Ongoing Collaborations to Advance ALS Research
9/17/2021: James Berry, MD, MPH was one of the speakers and discussion moderators at the virtual biannual meeting of the New York Genome Center ALS Consortium, which focused on building collaboration to use genomic data in ALS research.
- Dosing Begins in Phase 2 Trial of AL001 in ALS With C9orf72 Mutations
9/13/2021: ALS News Today spoke with Principal Investigator Katie Nicholson, MD and industry partners as they launched a clinical trial of a promising new ALS treatment.
- Amylyx Pharmaceuticals Donates CENTAUR Clinical Trial Data and Participant Samples
9/13/2021: Coverage of a major donation to the Pooled Resource Open-Access ALS Clinical Trials (PRO-ACT) database, which is managed by Alex Sherman, MS at the Healey Center and Mass General Neurological Clinical Research Institute (NCRI).
- Dosing Begins in Phase 2 Trial of AL001 in ALS With C9orf72 Mutations
9/13/2021: ALS News Today quoted Principal Investigator Katie Nicholson, MD as she launched a clinical trial of a promising new ALS treatment.
- A Game-Changing Trial Offers New Hope for ALS
8/13/2021: Medscape interviews Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD about promising developments in the CENTAUR trial for ALS.
- Former Competitive Swimmer Races Against the Clock for a Cure for ALS
8/2/2021: WTVQ profiles Sandra Marlowe, an award-winning swimmer now facing down a new opponent: ALS. Sandra is also a participant in the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial, and hopes that her experience can help others.
- Dying Patients With Rare Diseases Struggle to Get Experimental Therapies
7/14/2021: Kaiser Health News highlights the Healey Center's expanded access program in its coverage of the struggle to access experimental drugs to treat rare and terminal diseases.
Official Lou Gehrig NFT Auction to Benefit ALS Charities
7/4/2021: Major League Baseball and digital collectible company Candy Digital unveiled baseball's first officially licensed NFT, commemorating Lou Gehrig’s “Luckiest Man” speech. Proceeds from the auction will benefit ALS charities including the Healey Center.
- Lucy Frates, Daughter of Pete Frates, Throws Out First Pitch at Fenway Park Before Red Sox Game
6/8/2021: The Red Sox honored the family of ALS champion Pete Frates and the Healey Center for ALS in a special pre-game celebration.
- A Conversation Around ALS (Lou Gehrig Day)
6/2/2021: Oakland A’s Outfielder Stephen Piscotty and ESPN broadcaster Jon “Boog” Sciambi talk about ALS and Lou Gehrig Day with Healey Center Director Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc.
- As M.L.B. Honors Lou Gehrig, It Shines a Spotlight on A.L.S.
6/1/2021: The New York Times spoke with Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc and patient advocate Gwen Petersen about Major League Baseball's fundraising and awareness efforts surrounding Lou Gehrig Day
- Get Well With Dr. Shel – Advances in ALS Treatment
5/26/2021: As part of ALS Awareness Month, Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc appeared as a special guest on the Get Well With Dr. Shel podcast to discuss recent developments in ALS care and research
- Answering the Call: The Healey ALS Platform Trial
5/17/2021: BioSpace highlights some of the patients and experimental study drugs involved in the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
- Advocacy, Fundraising Events Mark ALS Awareness Month
5/3/2021: ALS News Today highlights ALS fundraising and advocacy events, including a live webinar with Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD
- Tyler Decker, Working to #WipeOutALS
April 2021: Carlsbad Magazine covers local surfer Tyler Decker, diagnosed with ALS at just 26 years old, and his efforts to raise money for research and treatment
- Retained Physical Function in Patients with ALS Taking AMX0035 Spurs ‘Excitement’
4/21/2021: Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD, discusses her presentation of results from the CENTAUR trial in ALS at the American Academy of Neurology annual meeting
- Novel ALS Drug Continues to Show Survival Benefit
4/19/2021: Updated research presented at the American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting shows ongoing benefits of the experimental drug AMX0035 for both function and survival in ALS patients
- ALS Groups Give $1.1M More in Support of T-cell Therapy in Phase 2 Trial
4/1/2021: ALS News Today covers new funding for a clinical trial of regulatory T-cells, or Tregs, led by investigators at Mass General and Houston Methodist Neurological Institute
- ALS Patients Fight for the Right to Try Patient-Centric Trial Design
3/30/2021: BioSpace spoke with Healey Center Director Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc about the importance and scientific value of expanded access to experimental drugs, even outside of clinical trials
- 2021 Clinical Research Forum: The CENTAUR Trial for ALS
3/24/2021: Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD explains the exciting results from the CENTAUR trial for ALS, a finalist in the Top 10 Clinical Research Awards from the Clinical Research Forum
- AMX0035 Lowers Risk for Adverse Events, Death in Patients with ALS
3/22/2021: Healio covers ongoing results from the CENTAUR trial and its extension study, which are providing a growing pool of evidence that the experiemental ALS treatment may be safe and effective. Dr. Paganoni's presentation of the data at the annual MDA conference was also covered in ALS News Today
- Amylyx Planning to Ask Health Canada to Approve AMX0035 to Treat ALS
3/11/2021: Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD, who led a clinical trial of the experimental ALS drug AMX0035, is quoted in this article about possible approval by Canadian regulators
- A New ALS Drug is Extending Patients' Lives by Months.
3/2/2021: USA Today covers efforts to fast-track approval for the experimental ALS drug AMX0035 and ongoing research at the Healey Center for ALS
- ALS Warrior Fights On for Herself and Those that Will Follow
2/15/2021: WKYC profiles ALS patient and Healey Center research trial participant Susie VanVranken
- COVID-19 Safety Measures Announced for Biomarker Study
1/11/2021: ALS News Today covers the use of telemedicine and other protocol changes to enhance the safety of research study participants during COVID-19
- The Research and Work of NAM Inductee Merit Cudkowicz
1/5/2021: The Neurology.org podcast interviews Healey Center Director Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc about her career, recent breakthroughs and her induction into the National Academy of Medicine
- Target ALS Awards 4 Grants for Work Into Biomarker Discovery
12/21/2020: ALS News Today coverage of grants to support a collaboration between NeuroDex, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Johns Hopkins University that will investigate extracellular vesicles (EVs) as potential ALS biomarkers
- COVID-19 Pandemic Creates New Roles for Advanced Practice Providers
12/17/2020: Mass General Advanced Practice Providers including APP Director and ALS Nurse Practitioner Darlene Sawicki, MSN, NP-BC write about how the APP team built their multidisciplinary COVID-19 response team in the first months of the pandemic
- Frates Run Goes Virtual for 2020
12/10/2020: The Salem News covers the annual Frates Memorial 5k run to benefit the Healey Center, conducted virtually this year
- How Two College Kids Cooked Up a Two-Drug Combination for ALS
12/3/2020: The unlikely story of how two undergrads with a big idea got the attention of researchers at Mass General and developed the most promising ALS drug in years
- NurOwn Fails to Slow Disease Progression in ALS Patients, Top-line Data Show
11/18/2020: Despite disappointing results from the largest group of patients, the NurOwn trial did show promise for some early-stage patients, and Merit Cudkowciz, MD, MSc says that “it is important to fully explore this finding"
- New Data Shows Extended Survival for ALS Patients
11/9/2020: Spectrum News 1 (Ohio) profiles a local ALS patient and his experience in the recent CENTAUR ALS clinical trial, and speaks with Principal Investigator Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD about further research
- With Time the Enemy, North Canton ALS Patient Fights for Fast-tracking Promising Drugs
10/21/2020: WKYC 3 profiles an Ohio ALS patient who's supporting the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial and legislation to accelerate approval of new therapies
- Drug May Extend A.L.S. Patients’ Lives by Several Months, Study Finds
10/16/2020: The New York Times covers the results of follow-up studies on AMX0035 conducted at the Healey Center for ALS, showing that the drug may extend life as well as slow down ALS progression. The research, published in the journal Muscle and Nerve, was also the subject of announcements from Amylyx Pharmaceuticals and Mass General
- Research Findings Show Potential Promise for Slowing Down ALS
10/2/2020: CBS 58 interviews Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD and Justin Klee, the co-founder and co-CEO of Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, about ongoing research into a potential new ALS treatment
- Dosing Begins in Phase 2a Study of ALZT-OP1a for Mild-to-Moderate ALS
9/16/2020: ALS News Today covers the launch of a new clinical trial based on research from the labs of Ghazaleh Sadri-Vikili, PhD and Rudolph Tanzi, PhD
- 100 People Transforming Business
9/10/2020: Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, Mass General Chief of Neurology and Director of the Healey Center for ALS, is recognized as one of 10 leaders transforming health care
- 2 College Students Dreamed Up an A.L.S. Treatment. The Results Are In.
9/3/2020: New York Times coverage of the Healey Center's latest trial results on a new drug with major promise for ALS. The promising trial results also saw notice in the Wall Street Journal, NBC News, New York Post, STAT News, MDAlert, MedPage Today, Neurology Live, NPR, Medscape and many more news outlets
- How ALS Research Shifted to Homes During the Coronavirus Pandemic
8/20/2020: Business Insider spoke with Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on clinical trials, and how the Healey Center for ALS has adapted
- A new approach to ALS drug trials gives patients hope
8/12/2020: Mass General will lead the simultaneous testing of multiple potential treatments for ALS
- Aural Analytics’ Speech Technology Added to HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
8/11/2020: Aural Analytics’ speech-based digital technology will be used to measure changes in speech in people with ALS as endpoints for the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
- Aural Analytics To Power Speech-Based Endpoints For The Healey Center ALS Platform Trial at Mass General Hospital
8/6/2020: The first-ever platform trial for ALS is set to kick off this month, led by investigators at the Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS at Mass General Hospital
- UMass Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital Target Mutant Gene that Causes ALS with MicroRNA in Breakthrough Treatment
7/10/2020: MassLive extends coverage of new advances in microRNA-based treatment of SOD1-ALS
- 'First Step' Mass. Research Turns Off Key Gene In ALS That Runs In Families
7/8/2020: WBUR covers recent breakthroughs in ALS treatment using microRNA. The research was also covered by WHDH, CBS Local Boston and NBC Boston, which referred to the study as "Incredible Progress"
- My Friend Was Struck by ALS. Here’s How He’s Fighting Back
6/23/2020: A profile of I Am ALS founder and Healey Center for ALS patient Brian Wallach and his work to fund research on the deadly disease
- Sean Healey Raised Funds for Research Into ALS Treatments
6/5/2020: The Wall Street Journal quotes Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, in an obituary for the fund manager and philanthropist
6/2/2020: Medicine @ Brown profiles the Brown University alumni who founded Amylyx, and how support from and collaboration with Rudy Tanzi, PhD and Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MMSc helped bring the pharmaceutical startup's first drug to a successful clinical trial
- Longtime AMG chief Sean Healey dies at 59 after suffering from ALS
5/28/2020: The Boston Globe reports on the passing of Sean Healey, and quotes Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc about him: “He became a good friend and a partner in this fight against ALS. He’s a remarkable man. It wasn’t just about giving money. It was his intellect, it was his business acumen.”
- The Future of ALS Clinical Trials
5/21/2020: The Connecting ALS podcast hosts Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, to discuss COVID-19 and the Healey ALS Platform Trial
- ALS Association Funding Earmarked to Improve Clinical Trial Infrastructure
5/5/2020: ALS News Today covers ALSA funding of clinical trials in a collaboration between the Healey Center for ALS, NEALS and the Barrow Neurological Institute
- Inside Nanci Ryder’s Battle with ALS
4/13/2020: Brain & Life magazine follows the legendary Hollywood publicist, her friends Renée Zellweger and Courteney Cox, and Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, as they battle ALS
- Star Trek's Kenneth Mitchell: I Have ALS And I'm Not Giving Up Hope
3/30/2020: People Magazine speaks with Kenneth Mitchell about his acting career post-diagnosis, and quotes Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, on the hope for new treatments
- Survivor: Winners at War Against ALS
3/10/2020: On CBS's Survivor, former contestnat Jonathan Penner returns to the reality show island to help raise awareness - and funding - for the fight against ALS. He's also designed some Survivor-themed t-shirts to sell, and is donating a portion of the proceeds to the Healey Center for ALS
- How an Innovative Trial Design May Change the ALS Treatment Landscape
2/25/2020: NeurologyLive interviews Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, and Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD about the upcoming HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
- Boston Researchers Take Innovative Approach to Finding ALS Treatments
2/24/2020: WCVB Channel 5 covers the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial and how it accelerates clinical research
- FDA Gives OK to HEALEY ALS Platform Trial Testing Zilucoplan, CNM-Au8, and Verdiperstat
1/27/2020: ALS News Today covers FDA approval for Mass General to begin the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
- In a Race Against Terminal Illness, Former Obama Staffer with ALS and His Wife Find New Hope
1/24/2020: The Chicago Tribune describes the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial as a major source of hope for ALS patients
- A Patient's Guide to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, or ALS
1/24/2020: US News & World Report consulted Mass General Neurologist Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD, in developing this guide to ALS
- ALS Association Invests $3M in Platform Trial to Accelerate Development of Treatments
1/20/2020: ALS News Today covers the ALS Association decision to back the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
- For Families of ALS Patients, Providing Home Care Can Be an Infinite Challenge
1/11/2020: Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD, is quoted in the Boston Globe on the use of ventilators as part of ALS treatment
- ALS Drug Works in Study, Researchers Say
12/17/2019: The Wall Street Journal quotes Merit Cudkowicz, MD, and Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD, who are leading a study on a new ALS treatment showing strong results in phase 2 trials. This research is also covered by Reuters and NeurologyLive
- After Ice Bucket Campaign, Researchers Have Optimism About Insights into ALS Puzzle
12/10/2019: The Boston Globe quotes Dr. Cudkowicz and other ALS experts in coverage of new research advances
- Beverly native, ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Hero Pete Frates Has Died
12/10/2019: Boston 25 News video reports on the remarkable legacy of Pete Frates, including an interview with Mass General's Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD
- Anti-Inflammatory Delays ALS Symptoms and Progression in Mouse Model, Study Reports
12/2/2019: ALS News Today covers promising results of an early study of cromolyn sodium in mouse models of ALS
- Mass General Team Presents Mouse Data to Back the Case for Using Reformulated Asthma Drug to Treat ALS
11/27/2019: Endpoints News describes promising new research on neuroinflammation and ALS from Ghazaleh Sadri-Vakili, PhD
- Healey Center for ALS to Evaluate Five Promising Treatments in First ALS Platform Trial
10/30/2019: Mass General Advances in Motion coverage of the innovative new Platform Trial at the Healey Center for ALS
- First patient enrolled in Oxford BioDynamics’ ALS biomarker study
10/25/2019: Pharma Times coverage of Oxford BioDynamics' drug, now under investigation at the Healey Center for ALS
- First-of-its-kind Trial in ALS Spurs Hope for Brutal Disease
9/25/2019: Andrew Dunn from BioPharma Dive profiles the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial and some of the patients who could benefit from the accelerated pace of discovery
- Mass General to begin ALS Trials that Test Several Drugs at Once
9/20/2019: Boston Globe coverage of the HEALEY ALS Platform Trial launch
- Electronic App to Monitor Dietary Intake May Benefit ALS Patients, Trial Data Suggest
6/5/2019: ALS News Today reports on a clinical trial of an app for improving diet in ALS patients
- Governor Baker Congratulates the Sean M. Healey and AMG Center for ALS
4/26/2019: Governor Charlie Baker congratulates Sean M. Healey and Mass General on the launch of the Sean M. Healey and AMG Center for ALS at Mass General
- Researchers Identify New Therapeutic Target for ALS
1/18/2019: Advances in Motion reports on advances in research from Clotilde Lagier-Tourenne, MD, PhD, who is using stem cell models of human motor neurons to explore a potential new therapeutic target for ALS. You can also see a video interview with Dr. Lagier-Tourenne
- FDA Awards Fast Track Status to Revalesio’s RNS60 for ALS; Phase 2 Trial Recruiting
1/7/2019: ALS News Today reports on the fast-track approval of a phase 2 clinical trial for a new drug to treat ALS
- Former NFL Player Tim Green Has A New Opponent — ALS
12/12/2018: NPR coverage of Tim Green and his decision to launch the research fundraising powerhouse Tackle ALS
- Ezogabine Treatment Shown to Reduce Motor Neuron Excitability in ALS Patients
12/10/2018: Mass General researcher Brian Wainger, MD, PhD, presented groundbreaking research at the Motor Neurone Disease Association in Glasgow
- Investment Executive Sean Healey Leads $40m Donation to Mass. General to Fight ALS
11/28/2018: Boston Globe coverage of the launch of the Healey Center for ALS
- Tim Green: Coping with the ALS He Thinks Was Caused by the Game he Loves
11/18/2018: 60 Minutes profiles Tim Green, former Atlanta Falcons defensive lineman and founder of Tackle ALS
- Merit E. Cudkowicz, MD, MSc: Driving Toward a Cure for ALS
11/14/2018: The Mass General Charged podcast profiles Dr. Cudkowicz and her work
- NIH Renews NeuroNEXT for Neurological Clinical Research
7/24/2018: NeuroNEXT, a research program that helps streamline Phase II clinical trials for brain disorders, has been renewed for five more years, with several new centers joining the program
- New Imaging Protocol Could Vastly Accelerate Clinical Trials for New ALS Treatments
5/31/2018: The Mass General Research Institute blog profiles the work of Nazem Atassi, MD, who has developed a new imaging technique to monitor neuroinflammation in ALS patients
- Biomarkers to Accelerate ALS Therapy Development
5/14/2018: A video interview with Dr. Merit Cudkowicz, Chief of Neurology at Mass General Hospital, discussing biomarkers that can help to diagnose patients quicker and target individualized treatments to patients.
- Innovations in Care for Patients with ALS
5/14/2018: A video interview with Dr. Merit Cudkowicz, Chief of Neurology, discussing innovations in care for patients with ALS, such as the House Call program and TeleNeurology.
- Innovations in ALS Clinical Trials at Mass General
4/26/2018: A video interview with Dr. Merit Cudkowicz, Chief of Neurology at Mass General Hospital, discussing innovations in ALS clinical trials since she started in the field in 1994.
- sALSa for a Cure Launches
4/3/2018: The family and colleagues of a Mastercard executive affected by ALS are salsa dancing their way toward more advanced treatments spearheaded by Mass General and sALSa For a Cure
- Dr. Cudkowicz at the Pinnacle Awards
2/7/2018: Dr. Merit Cudkowicz is honored with the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Pinnacle Award for Achievement In The Professions
HEALEY ALS Platform Trial
Find out about the innovative new HEALEY ALS Platform Trial, which is accelerating efforts to bring new ALS treatments to patients.
Support the Sean M. Healey and AMG Center for ALS
Join our quest to discover life-saving therapies for individuals who are affected by ALS.